City Government


Rumpke collects residential trash and recycling on Thursdays. A small service fee of $12.50 will be on your utility bill every two months for residents and $27.60 for businesses.


Dee Dee Hershey-Shaw

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
(513) 248.5080
Waste & Recycling FAQs
Hazardous Waste
Wastewater / Stormwater
Recycling Facts
Waste & Recycling Flyer(PDF)
Clermont County Office of
   Environmental Quality
Holiday Schedule
Ask your moving company if they would like the boxes back for reuse. If not, you can recycle corrugated cardboard boxes at the curb. Please break the boxes down into 3 X 3 foot sections and bundle if possible. There is no limit to the number of corrugated cardboard boxes you set out, as long as they’re prepared according to the instructions above.

PIZZA BOXES are acceptable for recycling if clean, but otherwise should be put in the garbage.

PACKING PEANUTS cannot be recycled, but the UPS Store, and other mailing companies frequently accept packing peanuts for reuse. If you can’t give the packing peanuts away, please seal them in a plastic bag before putting them in your garbage can. This will prevent them from spilling out and littering your street when the garbage cart is emptied.

BUBBLE WRAP cannot be recycled through Milford’s curbside recycling. Please put it in your garbage can.

STYROFOAM cannot be recycled through Milford’s curbside recycling. Put it in your garbage can. If the pieces are too large to fit in your garbage can, please break them down so that they do fit.

If the previous owner has left chemicals such as leftover cleaning products, lawn care products, etc., in your new home, you should contact the Clermont County Office of Environmental Quality for information about safe disposal of such items.

Some household hazardous materials will be accepted for disposal/recycling by local area businesses – see Household Hazardous Materials.    

Residents are not required to use a garbage can, but Rumpke will provide a Rumpke-owned 96 gallon waste wheeler to all eligible units currently on the City’s solid waste and recycling contract. Residents have the option to receive a smaller Rumpke-owned 65 gallon waste wheeler if they do not want the larger 96 gallon waste wheeler by calling (513) 741-5255. However, residents may use their own cans and are not required to take either waste wheeler.

If your Rumpke waste wheeler is lost or stolen, please call 1-800-582-3107 or fill out the Lost or Stolen Trash Cart Form.

Lost or Stolen Trash Cart Form

If you have an alley behind your house, please contact the Solid Waste and Recycling Coordinator to find out if you must place your cans in the alley. Otherwise, your cans need to be placed at the curb.

The garbage collector is permitted to operate as early at 6:00 a.m., so please put your garbage out the night before, but no earlier than 5:00 pm. Additionally, garbage cans must be removed from the curb or alley within twenty-four hours of collection.


The goal of Milford’s recycling program is to increase recycling and therefore decrease tonnage to the landfill. We accept many items for recycling, including newspaper, glass, aluminum, plastics #1 – #7, corrugated cardboard, paperboard, mixed paper, and junk mail. We offer single-stream recycling, which means that all clean recyclables can go in the same recycling bin. The only stipulation is that corrugated cardboard must be flattened and cut or torn into 3 foot by 3 foot pieces. For complete details, see the latest Waste and Recycling Flyer.

Cracked or broken bins may be replaced at City Hall, and additional bins may be purchased for $10.00 each.

Request Large Green Recycling Container


Eligible units are allowed to place one large item weighing up to 50 pounds, such as a recliner, couch, a washer, or a dryer, at the curb or alley for pick-up. Please follow these large item procedures.

1. The freon must be removed first before the refrigerators and air conditioners are scheduled for collection. Rumpke also requires a refrigerant recovery statement be completed and attached to the item before you place the item out for collection. Click here to download the form. 
2. Resident must wrap their old mattresses in the plastic from the new mattress for disposal.
3. Windows and mirrors must be wrapped in newspaper and marked with the word "glass" for disposal.
4. Lawnmowers must be free of gasoline and oil.
5. Gas grills must be free of the gas tank.
6. Wood must be free of nails and bundled into under 4 foot sections.
7. Carpet must be rolled into under 4 foot sections and bundled.

Please complete the Service Request form for large item pick up by following the link below.

Request Large Item Pick Up